Dr. Luis Vega
Dr. Luis Vega has been working for the last 15 years on the evolution of vortex filaments, which is one of the fundamental aspects of turbulence.
He has published more than 15 papers on the field and this research has been awarded with an Advanced ERC grant in 2015 with more than 1.600K€ for five years.
He is a Full Professor in Mathematics at the University of the Basque Country (UPV/EHU), Bilbao, Spain, and the Scientific Director of the Basque Center For Applied Mathematics in the same city.
He has been a Visiting Professor at MSRI, Berkeley, USA, at several universities in Paris, France, at the University of California Santa Barbara, USA, at the University of Pisa, Italy, and the University of Washington, USA, among others, and was L. E. Dickson Instructor at the University of Chicago, USA, from 1988-1990.
Honours and Awards:
– ERC-Advanced grant: 2015-19, 1675k €
– Severo Ochoa Grant: 2014-17,4000k €
– Member of the European Academy of Sciences (EAS), Liege, Belgium,2015
– Blaise Pascal Medal (EAS), 2014
– Prix La Recherche, Mathématiques,France, 2014
– Corresponding Member of the “Real Academia de Ciencias”, Spain,2013
– Fellow of the American Mathematical Society, Inaugural Class, USA, 2012
– Euskadi Research Prize, Basque Government, Spain, 2012
– Highly Cited Researcher, ISI Web of Science, 2004.